Marketing and Communications Manager
Report: Head of School
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, diversity statement, and references in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the position being applied for in the subject line. Onsite interviews may be required. Background checks are performed on all new hires. Oldfields School offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive salaries, and a generous benefits package. On-campus housing may be available (but not required) for this position. Oldfields School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Oldfields School, an all-girls international boarding and day school, grades 8-12, located in northern Baltimore County, seeks applicants for a Manager of Marketing and Communications. This is a full-time, exempt position with a July 2022 start date. The Manager of Marketing and Communications is responsible for promoting the School’s mission, strategic goals, and institutional brand by integrating the School’s advancement efforts both internally throughout the organization and externally with the target audiences.
The Manager of Marketing and Communications’ role includes researching the target audiences, shaping an engaging message, delivering the message, and assessing the results of the communication effort. They collaborate with the Head of School, Dean of Admission, and the Director of Development to shape and craft the School’s messages to ensure consistency and continuity. They are a key player in internal and external advancement, including direction of and creative oversight for institutional marketing, advertising, branding, and public relations. They will serve as the liaison to administrators, faculty, and staff in the messaging content, design, and distribution of all communications.
- Support Advancement Team in creation and execution of strategic marketing plan to support the School’s mission.
- Create content, provide copy writing for, and oversee design, proofing, and distribution of Advancement communications including, but not limited to:
- Print publications: Magazines, newsletters, annual report, and fund raising appeals
- Digital publications: newsletters, eblasts
- Website pages, news items, forms, and website portals
- Materials for special events such as registration/enrollment, Fall Family Weekend, holiday cards, programs for concerts and plays, Open House, Alumnae Weekend, etc.
- Collateral pieces for Admission such as brochures, view book, posters, etc.
- Miscellaneous materials for Head’s office
- Oversee all of the webmaster’s responsibilities including website content creation, editing, and analytics
- Oversee editing, proofing, sending (and often writing) of School communications from all departments
- Manage all School photography and video including distribution
- Manage social media channels
- Manage Communications budget which includes major print publications, advertising, and photography/videography
- Manage relationship with press and write press releases
- Oversee creation, distribution and analysis of surveys to key constituents groups
- Oversee creation and design of all advertisements for Admissions and School events
- Oversee editing and proofing of all official School communications, including, but not limited to the guidebook, curriculum guide, the employee handbook, all calendars, and the style guide
- Advance the image and presence of the School in the local Baltimore community by seeking out and attending local events and maximizing visibility of the School
- Provide faculty training on messaging and communications best practices
- Create and manage communications timeline
- Create and distribute emergency/crisis communications
- Actively engage and support the School’s commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community as defined by the School’s Diversity Statement and strategic plans and initiatives
- Adhere to and assist in enforcing school policies and procedures
- Promote the mission of the School
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing and/or communications or related field
- A minimum of five years of marketing and communications experience, preferably in an independent school or non-profit environment
- Exceptional proofing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Skilled in promoting a vision, communicating a strategy, and implementing goals
- Proven ability to work successfully with a variety of constituents, including students, parents, referral professionals, and faculty/staff
- Familiarity with or ability to quickly learn G-Suite applications.
- Experience with videography, photography, and related editing software a plus
Oldfields School prohibits discrimination based on the following characteristics: race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability and age in its admissions procedures, educational programs, services, activities or employment practices.
The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the School’s non-discrimination policies:
Name: Jeremy Myers
Title: Controller/Human Resources Coordinator
Office Address: 1500 Glencoe Rd. Sparks Glencoe, MD 21152
Telephone Number: 443-662-1013
Email Address: MyersJ@OldfieldsSchool.org