Oldfields School is committed to the intellectual and moral development of young women. In a culture of kindness and mutual respect, we encourage each student to make the most of her academic and personal potential. We seek to guide each student to grow in character, confidence, and knowledge by encouraging her to embrace the values of personal honesty, intellectual curiosity, and social responsibility.
Our motto – Fortezza, Umilitade, e Largo Core - Courage, Humility, and Largeness of Heart, are the core values and beliefs that define our school culture.
Oldfields School is an equal opportunity employer, and is constantly seeking to provide our students with the best faculty and administration available. We seek applicants who are open to professional growth and are committed to our mission and motto.
Interested candidates should send resume, cover letter and references in pdf format to Human Resources, The Oldfields School at firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: December 12, 2019
Report: Director of Health Services
Oldfields School, an all-girls’ international boarding and day school, grades 8-12, located in northern Baltimore County, is looking for a licensed registered nurse. This is a full-time, exempt 10-month residential or non-residential position requiring work and on-call hours outside of regular business hours.
Responsibilities will include:
- Help manage 24-hour Health Center operation and on-call hours.
- Management and dispensing of daily medications and OTC medicine.
- Provide medical assessment and care for students.
- Help maintain all health records before and during the school year and review and communicate necessary information to appropriate faculty and staff.
- Administer Magnus Health Tracker software, which allows for electronic management of all health and immunization records of all students.
- Arrange appointments for students with local physicians, which may require the transportation of students.
- Work with the athletic trainer and athletic team coaches to manage diagnosis and treatment of student/athlete injuries.
- Act as a liaison between school personnel, family, health care providers, and the school community.
- Work in partnership with the School Counselor in assessing physical, mental and emotional needs, with an emphasis on the safety of our students.
- Attend Health and Wellness meetings in the Director of Health Services’ steed.
- Promote a warm and nurturing environment in the Health Center.
- Maintain confidentiality of all health-related information.
- Have knowledge of standard emergency policies and procedures.
- Enforce all School policies and procedures.
- Promote the mission of the School.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Licensed Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Maryland.
- Experience/training in a middle/high school environment is preferred.
- Willingness to work within a boarding school schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks with little or no supervision.
- Experience with adolescents encouraged.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software; Excel, and Word.
- Experience with Magnus Health Tracker or similar software.
- Must be able to respond to onsite emergencies.
- Must be able to exert up to 35 pounds of force to lift, push, pull, carry, or otherwise move objects.
Interested candidates should send résumé, cover letter and references in pdf format to email@example.com. Please reference the position being applied for in the subject line. Onsite interview is required. Criminal background checks are performed on all new hires. Oldfields School offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive salaries, and a generous benefits package. On-campus housing is also available. Oldfields is an Equal Opportunity Employer.