This page serves as the information hub for campus news related to the COVID-19. Please check back regularly for updates. As always, our number one goal is to protect the health and well-being of our community while remaining adaptable and responsive to changing circumstances. Our goal is to communicate with constituents as accurately, quickly, and effectively as possible. We appreciate your support and your partnership as we navigate this challenging time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Oldfields Open for in-person learning for the 2020-2021 Academic Year?
Yes. Oldfields School welcomed students to campus on August 22, 2020. The COVID-19 Task Force enacted a comprehensive Reopening Plan that outlined procedures and protocols for Health and Safety, Community/Residential Life, and Academics while following CDC guidelines and recommendations from national and local health departments.
Oldfields operated as a “closed campus” through September but upon evaluation of state, local, and CDC guidelines in addition to successful implementation of our health and safety protocols, carefully selected school-sponsored trips and weekend activities occured as well as scheduled campus visits by families through the end of November when students returned home for a week of remote learning followed by Winter Break.
The second semester began on January 11, with one week of remote learning. Residential students moved on campus Saturday, January 16 and all students returned to in-person learning on Monday, January 18. We will once again operate as a "closed campus" with only essential off-campus trips in addition to limited off-campus activities that meet our health and safety protocols. Campus visits by families are not currently being scheduled.
Have Any community Members Tested Positive for Covid-19 since school has reopened?
On Friday, January 22, after presenting negative COVID-19 tests upon return to campus, all boarding students were retested for COVID-19. One student received a positive test and was immediately isolated and her campus departure plan was inacted. At this point in time, no other community members have tested positive for COVID-19.
Contact tracing, quarantines, and health and safety protocols are in place (similiar to those enacted in the fall including prompt communication to the community if anyone tests positive for COVID-19) are being stictly adhered to in order to keep the community as safe as possible.
Please contact the appropriate department listed below with questions:
- Health and Wellness - Director of Health Services Darla Carter HealthCtrNurses@oldfieldsschool.org or 443-662-1029
- Academics and Remote Learning - Director of Academics Jeremy A. Jernigan, Ph.D., JerniganJ@OldfieldsSchool.org
- Student/Residential Life and Campus Community - Assistant Head of School Caroline Blaum, BlaumC@OldfieldsSchool.org
Recent Updates and Communications
- 12/29/2020 - IMportant Spring Update Read more >
- 10/05/2020 - Academic Calendar Update Read more >
- 9/30/2020 - Health and Wellness Update Read more >
- 8/1/2020 - Reopening Information for Fall 2020 Read more >
- 6/26/2020 - School Update for Fall 2020 announces return to on-campus learning on August 22. Read more >
- 6/09/2020 - Update from Chair of Board and Head of School Read more >