This page serves as the information hub for campus news related to COVID-19. Due to the need for frequent changes to health and safety protocols in response to COVID-19 pandemic at large and COVID-19 test results on campus, the recent communication links listed below are the most accurate information of current status and health and safety procedures. As always, our number one goal is to protect the health and well-being of our community while remaining adaptable and responsive to changing circumstances. Our goal is to communicate with constituents as accurately, quickly, and effectively as possible. We appreciate your support and partnership as we navigate this challenging time. Please submit any questions you may have to COVIDconcerns@OldfieldsSchool.org.
- 1/25 Health and Safety Update: Weekend Policy and More
- 1/ 25 Off-Campus Isolation and Quarantine Protocol
- 1/19 Health and Safety Notification
- 1/18 Health and Safety Notification
- 1/13 Health and Safety Notification
- 1/12 Health and Safety Notification: In-Person Classes Thursday, January 13
- 1/2 Schedule Changes for week of January 3-7
- 12/28 Health and Safety Update for January Return
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Oldfields Open for in-person learning for the 2021-2022 Academic Year?
Yes. Oldfields School welcomes boarding and day students to campus on August 28, 2021. The COVID-19 Task Force has outlined procedures and protocols for Health and Safety, Community/Residential Life, and Academics while following CDC guidelines and recommendations from national and local health departments. This information is outlined below.
We are excited to continue to offer a robust academic and student life experience. While some of our daily routines are still different (masks, social distancing, and biweekly COVID-19 testing for all students) many aspects of community life feel similar to pre-pandemic school years.
As national rates of COVID-19 and the Delta and Omicron variant rise, we continue to closely monitor public health guidance, as well as consult with medical experts and counterparts from peer schools. We are prepared to move through various scenarios of campus protocol based on the virus’ spread, new variants, and in accordance with local, state, and federal mandates.
Please contact the appropriate department listed below with questions:
- Health and Wellness - Director of Health Services Darla Carter HealthCenter@oldfieldsschool.org or 443-662-1029
- Academics- Director of Academics Jeremy A. Jernigan, Ph.D., JerniganJ@OldfieldsSchool.org
- Student/Residential Life and Campus Community - Assistant Head of School Caroline Blaum, BlaumC@OldfieldsSchool.org