This page serves as the information hub for campus news related to COVID-19. Please check back regularly for updates. As always, our number one goal is to protect the health and well-being of our community while remaining adaptable and responsive to changing circumstances. Our goal is to communicate with constituents as accurately, quickly, and effectively as possible. We appreciate your support and partnership as we navigate this challenging time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Oldfields Open for in-person learning for the 2020-2021 Academic Year?
Yes. Oldfields School welcomed students to campus on August 22, 2020. The COVID-19 Task Force enacted a comprehensive Reopening Plan that outlined procedures and protocols for Health and Safety, Community/Residential Life, and Academics while following CDC guidelines and recommendations from national and local health departments.
Oldfields operates as a “closed campus” after returning from each major break. When approved by our Health and Safety Task Force and in accordance with state, local, and CDC guidelines, carefully selected school-sponsored trips and weekend activities are allowed. Students are encouraged to stay on campus until the next scheduled break. Campus visits by families are not currently being scheduled.
Have Any community Members Tested Positive for Covid-19 since school has reopened?
On Friday, January 22, after presenting negative COVID-19 tests upon return to campus, all boarding students were retested for COVID-19. One student received a positive test and was immediately isolated and her campus departure plan was enacted. At this point in time, no other community members have tested positive for COVID-19.
Contact tracing, quarantines, and health and safety protocols are in place (similar to those enacted in the fall, including prompt communication to the community if anyone tests positive for COVID-19) are being strictly adhered to in order to keep the community as safe as possible.
Please contact the appropriate department listed below with questions:
- Health and Wellness - Director of Health Services Darla Carter HealthCtrNurses@oldfieldsschool.org or 443-662-1029
- Academics and Remote Learning - Director of Academics Jeremy A. Jernigan, Ph.D., JerniganJ@OldfieldsSchool.org
- Student/Residential Life and Campus Community - Assistant Head of School Caroline Blaum, BlaumC@OldfieldsSchool.org
Recent Updates and Communications
- 12/29/2020 - Important Spring Update Read more >
- 10/05/2020 - Academic Calendar Update Read more >
- 9/30/2020 - Health and Wellness Update Read more >
- 8/1/2020 - Reopening Information for Fall 2020 Read more >
- 6/26/2020 - School Update for Fall 2020 announces return to on-campus learning on August 22. Read more >
- 6/09/2020 - Update from Chair of Board and Head of School Read more >