Dress Code and Appearance
All students are expected to be in dress code from 8:00 a.m. to 3:15 p.m., Monday through Friday. This expectation includes any time a student leaves campus during the school year, including, but not limited to, doctor’s appointments, field trips, and school-sponsored activities.
- All clothing and shoes should be neat, clean, and in good repair. (no rips, tears, bleaching/staining, holes, or fraying).
- All clothing should cover midriffs, backs, and cleavage.
- Members of athletic teams and extra-curricular groups may wear their game uniforms or special club attire with approval from the coach/group leader and the Dean of Students.
- All other athletic clothing/shoes are not permitted during the academic day.
- Pajamas, blankets, slippers, spandex shorts, pinnies, cleats, riding boots, hats, hoods, sleeping bonnets and hair curlers are not allowed in public spaces on campus.
- Underwear and undergarments must be worn and may not be visible at any time.
- Collared shirts, shirts with a finished neckline, sweaters, sweatshirts, and tank tops are acceptable.
- Athletic t-shirts, screen printed and graphic t-shirts and sweatshirts are not in dress code.
- Sleeveless shirts and tank top straps must be the width of two fingers or wider.
- Spaghetti strap tank tops and any shirt off-the-shoulder are not in dress code for the academic day, but may be worn, if deemed appropriate, for a “step above” option at special events.
- Dress code appropriate tops (including sweatshirts) representing a college or university are permitted once a Senior has committed to that institution.
- Colored denim (including blue jeans), khaki, dressy, and chino style pants and slacks are acceptable. Leggings (solid, not opaque) may be worn if paired with a tunic (past the hips) length top or sweater.
Dresses and Skirts
- All dresses and skirts must be tailored to reach the student’s fingertips when her arms are held naturally at her side.
- Sleeveless dresses are permitted. Straps must be the width of two fingers or wider.
Shorts and Rompers
- Khaki, dressy, denim, and chino style shorts are acceptable only if the garment reaches fingertip length when the student’s arms are held naturally at her side.
- Tasteful, professionally appropriate rompers are acceptable only if the garment reaches fingertip length when the student’s arms are held naturally at her side.
- Sleeveless rompers are permitted. Straps must be the width of two fingers or wider.
- Dress and canvas shoes
- Boots weather/seasonal appropriate boots
- Sandals are acceptable. (Crocs and slides with socks are not allowed)