Oldfields School is committed to the intellectual and moral development of young women. In a culture of kindness and mutual respect, we encourage each student to make the most of her academic and personal potential. We seek to guide each student to grow in character, confidence, and knowledge by encouraging her to embrace the values of personal honesty, intellectual curiosity, and social responsibility.
Our motto – Fortezza, Umilitade, e Largo Core - Courage, Humility, and Largeness of Heart, are the core values and beliefs that define our school culture.
Oldfields School is an equal opportunity employer, and is constantly seeking to provide our students with the best faculty and administration available. We seek applicants who are open to professional growth and are committed to our mission and motto.
Qualified candidates can submit their resume electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Attn: Human Resources
1500 Glencoe Road
Sparks Glencoe, Maryland 21152
Oldfields School, Sparks Glencoe, Maryland
Oldfields School, an all-girls international boarding and day school in northern Baltimore County, is looking for an experienced Development Assistant to work with both the fundraising and alumnae affairs offices. A good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is required. Database experience, especially with Blackbaud’s The Raiser’s Edge, is particularly desired. Computer skills are essential.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a person with a positive outlook, strong work ethic, a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, and integrity.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Donations – Entering of all donations received into the School’s database (The Raiser’s Edge), and production of gift acknowledgement letters. Generating a daily cash received journal for the business office along with delivery of checks and photocopies.
- Database – entering new constituents and updating of information for all constituents into our Raiser's Edge database – including name changes, address changes, email, phone, etc. Updating the database using NCOA (National Change of Address) lists. Entering notes into constituent records and maintaining a journal of class notes to be included in the Oldfields Magazine. Maintaining Evertrue, our alumnae mobile app.
- Events and Mailings – querying of the database to generate lists containing information for invitations, announcements, gatherings, newsletters, magazines, and e-blasts. Generating lists of invitees. Utilizing Mail Merge in Microsoft Word to personalize mass mailings of letters/invitations and envelopes (or mailing labels). Recording responses, maintaining a running head count of those attending, creating nametags for participants.
- Alumnae Office tasks – Assisting the Director of Alumnae Affairs with the implementation of all School events including the planning and implementation of Alumnae Weekend each April. Advising and assisting class chairs in contacting classmates to encourage attendance, helping to set up class reunion dinners, and monitoring registration and attendance. Recruiting Class Agents for each class of alumnae and recruiting Reunion Chairs for each reunion class. Creating monthly online alumnae newsletter.
- Assisting with any other matters as requested.
- Demonstrated experience in an administrative assistant’s role.
- Strong database skills; experience with The Raiser’s Edge is an advantage.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- High proficiency with technology and an aptitude for learning new software programs.
- Proven ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with accuracy, close attention to detail, and prioritization to meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to work successfully in a collaborative, team-oriented environment and to effectively manage cross-organizational working relationships.
- Self-motivated with a proven record of working independently and achieving results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with philanthropy and independent schools is a plus.
Oldfields School offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive salaries, and a generous benefits package. Oldfields is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, in PDF format, toDirector of Development Anne Finney at FinneyA@OldfieldsSchool.org.
Oldfields School, all-girls’ international boarding and day school in northern Baltimore County, is looking for an experienced Drama Teacher for the 2017–18 school year. This position may be fulltime, or part-time, depending on the qualifications and interest of the candidate. The role will include directing two after-school plays and one after-school musical. Additional duties will be included in the full-time position. The full-time position may offer on-campus housing in return for dorm-parent duty.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working with girls in grades 8-12, and have experience teaching drama and directing school plays and musicals. The candidate must be flexible, with a warm sense of humor, and have a desire to be actively involved in a boarding school community. A bachelor’s degree and experience teaching theatrical arts are required.
Producing, directing and managing all aspects of three after-school drama productions.
Attending evening or weekend school activities that focus on students’ theatrical skills or the Performing Arts department.
More responsibilities in the full-time position (advisor, dorm parent, and other academic duties tbd)
- Acting experience
- Direction and production experience.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate after school rehearsals and performances.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Performing Arts, including course work in music or dance is preferred.
Please send cover letter, resume and reference contact information to Helen Fitz, email@example.com.